Tuesday, 21 April 2015

This morning I sat on a wicker chair in our home and started to speak blessings in the name of Jesus on five people who are on my heart and on our village.  I don't know what God will do in response to this.  But I do know a few things.

I know I can't out-bless God because his heart is to bless. As Jesus put it 'I have come that you may have life and life in all its fullness' (John 10v10).  I know that I can feel my heart changing as I speak blessings, becoming more warm towards each of these people, caring more for their whole lives.  And I feel myself getting encouraged about how loving and powerful our God is.  I'm also looking forward to seeing the results - even the tiniest green shoots of God's goodness in these people's lives and in our community.

So yes, as you may have guessed if you've been reading my other blogs, we've started a local house of prayer in our village, in our home.  It's just 4 friends, my wife and I and, amazingly, God.  Watch this space!





If you think you might like to do this where you are feel free to drop me an email richard.lister@tearfund.org  


No comments:

Post a Comment